Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
How-to: brighten dark under-eye circles
Hands up if you loooove your under eye circles? Like the kind of love that makes you want to frolic in fields and dance in the sunshine because you just can’t believe your luck that you were blessed with such prominent dark circles?
No? Thought not.
In fact, I’d bet my own under-eye concealer that if you suffer from dark circles, you pretty much curse them every day. And as you lay your weary head down at night.
Some of you have probably even tried a multitude of concealers to brighten up the area - and if you’ve come up with a no-fail coverage plan, you deserve a big, fat pat on the back! But if you’ve yet to find a way to conceal your dark circles and brighten under your eyes, then you’ll most definitely want to read on. Because I’ve got some pretty awesome tips from Benefit’s Global Make-up Trend Artist and Brand Authority (oh, and the daughter and niece of Benefit’s co-founders Jean and Jane), Annie Ford Danielson on how to cover up that pesky dark under eye area of yours.
1) Use a brightening cream concealer. Use a concealer with a slight melon (peachy/orangey) tone, as this will help balance those unwelcome blue/purple tones that appear with dark under eyes. Try Benefit Erase Paste – a concentrated, creamy brightening concealer – or Boi-ing (an industrial strength concealer).
2) Application is key. Use your finger and gently pat the concealer onto the eye area. Less is more, so use the smallest amount you can in order to take away the discolouration. If you apply too much concealer, it can actually bring more focus to the area. Not what you’re after, is it?
3) Follow with foundation. Once your cream concealer has set, apply your foundation as you normally would. By applying your foundation after, you won’t be able to see where the concealer starts and stops. Make sure that the foundation and concealer are well blended.
4) The importance of buffing. Using a powder brush, like Benefit Powder Brush, buff your entire face. This will help get rid of any excess product you may have and will help set your make-up.
5) Brighten those eyes. Finish off with a line of Benefit Eye Bright on the water lines of your eyes. This will draw the attention upward, towards your eyes.
Do you suffer from dark circles under your eyes? What do you to lighten and brighten the area?
Take the guesswork out of choosing your concealer colour…
Four ways with concealer…
|Does your hair colour suit your face shape?
||Celeb beauty blunders: can you spot Lea's?||The beauty icon you'll want to watch...||Move over, balayage! Here's a new trend to try|