Trend to try: the bottom-knot
Made famous by celebrities like Nicole Richie, Whitney Port and Cara Delevingne, the top-knot is a popular choice for women all over the world and well known for being no fuss and oh-so easy to create.
So which new trend has come out of New York Fashion Week 2014 in a bid to steal the top-knot’s limelight? It's the bottom-knot. The descendant (pardon the pun) of the ever-famous top-knot.
ghd Hair Director Sophie Roberts created the bespoke look for the Zimmerman show using ghd products. “Using ghd eclipse and the ghd style range, we’ve created a sleek, textured, glossy look which captures the strength and attitude of the collection.”
Here’s how to get the look yourself at home:
1. Apply ghd total volume foam to damp hair starting from the roots and working down towards the ends. For extra grip, apply a small amount of ghd smooth and finish serum to just the ends of your hair. bh also recommends using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula.
2. Using a ghd tail comb, create a shallow quiff by parting your hair from the temple to the crown of your head and combing the smaller section of hair close to your head. bh also recommends the Lady Jayne Tail Comb.
3. Take the larger section of hair from your parting to behind your ear and twist the hair in towards your head, securing at the side of your head with pins.
4. Create a textured, raked look in the front section of your hair by combing backwards and diffusing dry, using a hairdryer like the ghd air or VS Sassoon Total Protection Ceramic Intense Salon Professional AC Dryer.
5. Use the ghd eclipse to loosely curl the mid-length and ends of the hair, creating a wave-effect. bh also recommends the Remington Big Pro Curls.
6. Section the lengths of your hair into two parts at the back of your head and twist each section separately into the centre.
7. Wrap the twists of hair around each other to create a rope-like knot in the ponytail and secure with an elastic.
8. Apply a strong hold hairspray like ghd final fix or Goldwell Lacquer Super Firm Hair Lacquer hairspray to set the look, and finish with a shine spray like Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Big Shine – Shine Spray or ghd final shine spray for added lustre.
What do you think of the bottom knot? When do you think this knot would work best? Are you a top-knot fan?
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.