Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
How to: channel your inner Glee-k
Long gone are the days when glasses were only worn by nerdy kids in suspenders and stripy socks. These days, kids with 20/20 vision are reaching for a pair of black-rimmed specs, simply to look cool.
Why? Because, thanks in part to a group of kids from William McKinley High who love to sing and dance and yes, are a little bit Gleek-y, to be a geek is now chic.
But being a geek doesn’t mean you also can’t be gorgeous. Take my favourite Glee clubber, Rachel Berry (Lea Michele). This girl can pull off pigtails and stripy knee-high socks one day, and then sashay down the red carpet with a positively vampy look the next.
Here’s how to get Michele’s gorgeous red carpet look:
- For waves that look brilliantly undone, take to damp hair with some Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse. Twist random pieces between your fingers to create movement.
- Next, spritz a holding gloss over your hair to ensure high shine and long-lasting hold. We like: Goldwell Dualsenses Colour Leave-In Gloss Spray.
- For the face, contour your cheekbones with a golden bronzer, sweeping it upwards towards your temples for extra definition. We love: Max Factor Bronzing Powder.
- To achieve Michele’s dark and delicious eyes, use a gel liner to get a smooth, fluid line across your top lash line. A bit of MAC Fluidline should take care of that. You can then enhance your standout stare even further with a good volumising mascara, like Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara.
- Next, take to your brows with a pencil that will fill in any gaps and make your brows look darker and bolder. Estée Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo is the perfect go-to for this.
- Finally, for lips that look like you’ve just been gobbling raspberries, try Bloom Lip Gloss in Raspberry.
Who is your favourite Glee clubber and why?