9 signs you’re becoming a beauty loony
No one’s perfect when it comes to beauty – not even these celebs, who all admit to making beauty mistakes.
My biggest one is not shaving my legs properly. I always do it in such a rush that I inevitably miss a whole section.
Sure, we all stuff up a step from time to time, but if you’re making one or more of these on a regular basis, you could be becoming a beauty loony!
1. You spray dry shampoo (or worse, perfume) on your armpits. This is likely to happen when you are a) scrambling to get ready for work in the morning or b) running late for dinner with the girls.
2. You find yourself with a palm full of conditioner, before you’ve even shampooed. This one’s particularly stressful, as what the hell are you supposed to do with it? Unless you’re a fan of reverse-shampooing, of course.
3. You spend ages painting your nails to perfection, and then proceed to chip or rip the polish off over the next 24 hours. In most cases, you do this without realising… and are shocked to look down and see the rough remains of your once-manicured fingernails.
4. You’ve totally mucked up your eyeliner, so you try to fix it by adding one more stroke, then another one, and then one more, even though you can clearly see it’s not working! The result? Serious panda eyes.
5. You have an actual nightmare relating to your beauty regime. Confession: I had one of these last week. In it, I was using my powder brush instead of my foundation brush to blend my liquid foundation. I woke up in a cold sweat. Is that weird?
6. You forget to shave a giant section of your leg, or worse, one whole leg. You don’t notice until you’re applying moisturiser and feel the hairy strip running up the back of your calf. *Shudders*
7. You smash your prized make-up palette. I actually sympathise with those in this situation (especially if the palette was from Urban Decay). Thankfully, there’s a sneaky way to put the pieces back together again.
8. In a similar fashion to number four, you decide to pluck just one or two stray eyebrow hairs – but before you know it, you’re practically browless. Not even Kim Kardashian could pull this look off. Soz.
9. You strut out of the house with a giant dollop of pimple cream on your chin. The only one worse than this is a hair removal cream-laded moustache (although Thandie Newton wore her tache-bleach loud and proud).
Have you lost the plot when it comes to beauty? What’s the biggest beauty blunder you’ve ever made?